Wednesday, August 03, 2005

No List Right Now

Many bloggers have been posting lists on things they’d like to do in their lives, so I thought I would go ahead and jump on the bandwagon and make a list of my own. It just seems the “in” thing to be blogging about lately.

So as I’m going through things in my mind, I realize this (creating a list of things I’ll never have) isn’t something I really want to do. I think too much of my lingering depression lately has been because I have been dwelling on what I’ll never have.

It’s just safer for the time being for me to take each day as it comes… I don’t have the emotional strength to hope or wish for anything wonderful at the moment. I just feel so broken right now, and I know it’s starting to take its toll on me physically… my energy has just been zapped recently.

So anyway, no list from me! I need one of Jack Handey’s Deep Thoughts for a quick smile:
When you die, if you go somewhere where they ask you a bunch of questions about your life and what you learned and all, I think a good way to get out of it is just to say, "No speaka English."

2 comments:

Alex said...

i could give you the same advise you gave me "Dude...suck it up". But here all I have to say is dont make a list o crap, have one item that right now is just out of reach and make that your goal. Or you could just suck it up. LOL

Pred said...

About 5 years ago, I made a list of 100 things that I want to accomplish. Ranging from the small (see a UT - A&M football game in person) to the medium (Go to a top 10 Law School) to the big (go to a Manchester United home soccer game) to the not so ordinary (be able to hold my breath for 2 minutes). I’m surprised at my own achievements from my list. Pleasantly surprised. Some of the things I would have never accomplished had I not wrote them down.