Wednesday, February 20, 2008

The Early Vote

I’d like to consider myself a pretty active voter. Being such, I always try to participate in early voting when it is offered. The reason I like early voting is the speed at which I can get in and out… there are typically no lines. This was certainly not the case today!

Today marks the 2nd day of early primary voting in the state of Texas. As I stood in line, I was first off quite amazed that I was in a line to begin with, but even more surprised that nearly 75% of the people in line were 1st time voters. I was just completely astounded!!!

Not only that, but out of the 45+ people in line, only one of them voted in the Republican primary. Yes, Austin is a liberal oasis in the big red state of Texas, but even that is pretty sad for the Republican Party.

No comments: