Saturday, October 22, 2005

New Warehouse Mascot

Sean, my merchandise manager, and I were have a nice conversation this morning (can’t remember what it was about… all I could think of was eating… I was so hungry) at the front of the store when Sam, my warehouse manager, comes running up and informs us of a sticky situation in the back of the warehouse.

As he was laying the wooden pallets down in the receiving area in preparation for today’s replenishment truck, he noticed that something was stuck to one of the pallets. One of those stick mouse traps was stuck to a pallet, and it was accompanied by a little friend (who I immediately named “Jack” for all intensive purposes… after Jack Sparrow.) Jack’s two back feet were stuck to this stick mouse pad quite firmly.

Sam is quite fearful of mice (and yes, this was not a rat, rather just a very large mouse.) He wanted to drop a sledgehammer on its head or throw him in the trash compactor. Needless to say, I did not allow Jack to be executed. Sean figured he could cut around some of the gooey crap around Jack’s feet to set him free… as Sean approached Jack with the shears, Jack found enough strength to set himself loose and ran across the warehouse to hide (which prompted Sam to run… almost screaming away.)

So, Jack is somewhere in the warehouse, don’t know where though. He must have thought that Sean was going to eat him or something. I was going to take a picture of him on my cell phone, but I didn’t want you animal activists to come after me with pitch forks and such… which by the way, the mouse trap was not ours, it was simply stuck to a tote from the distribution center… we don’t approve of using those kind of traps as I feel it is more of a torture device (hence the reason we tried to free him from the trap)… I’m all about the old style traps! Snap, your dead!

"You'll always remember this as the day that you almost caught Captain Jack Sparrow!"

No comments: