Thursday, April 27, 2006


I can’t say that the last 24 hours have been eventful, but rather interesting…

After I got off of work for the day yesterday evening, I came home to get something eat (because I’m always freaking hungry) and change. I headed back to work to paint a new kiosk that we made for the front of the store (long boring story on why we have the new kiosk, so I won’t go into that.)

Sean and I went to Home Depot to purchase some spray paint for this little project, red and yellow. I figured that I could easily do some spray painting without fucking up my clothes… I was wrong (All I hear is now Obi-Wan’s voice echoing in my mind… “I took it upon myself to train him as a Jedi. I thought that I could instruct him just as well as Yoda. I was wrong.”)

I got paint all over my new Monster Squad shirt, on my favorite pair of jeans, and on my shoes. My grandfather helped me get the paint off my shirt and almost completely off my jeans (using WD40)… despite our best efforts, the shoes could not be saved. I guess that’s fine… I now have a reason to get some new ones that I’ve been wanting for awhile now. Only problem is that they aren’t offered anywhere in the US, so I have to order them online. I’m always weary of ordering any kind of clothing online simply because I can’t try anything on.

Anyway, everything still smells like WD40… that is until this morning!!! I went back to work briefly to finish up with the kiosk (looks fantastic btw)… then I came home to take a quick shower before going out to get some groceries. I was in a huge hurry for no apparent reason. I didn’t dry myself off very well, and I went to use my hairdryer… I have never received an electrical shock like the one I got this morning!!!

I can’t even really describe the way it felt. The most I can say is that it really hurt and I could swear it stopped my heart for like five seconds. For the next hour or so, all I could smell was burnt hair… though I can’t find any burnt hair, so it may be burnt flesh or something. I guess I should feel lucky that the shock didn’t ignite the fumes of the WD40… but I’m actually just happier that I don’t smell that WD40 crap anymore. It was starting to give me a headache!


celtgirl said...

Yeah, well my house reeked for hours after you left. I didn't notice it this morning thank God!

Frank said...

Well, I just gave you remedy to remove the oily odor in the future.

celtgirl said...

nasty extreme - no thank you.

Frank said...

It wasn't necessarily nasty, just shocking! :-P