Tuesday, March 07, 2006

4 Non Blondes - What's Up?

Twenty-five years I'm alive here still
Trying to get up that great big hill of hope
For a destination

I realized quickly when I knew I should
That the world was made up of this brotherhood of man
For whatever that means

And so I cry sometimes
When I'm lying in bed Just to get it all out
What's in my head
And I, I am feeling a little peculiar.

And so I wake in the morning
And I step outside
And I take a deep breath and I get real high
And I scream from the top of my lungs
What's going on?

And I say: HEY! yeah yeaaah, HEY yeah yea
I said hey, what's going on?

And I say: HEY! yeah yeaaah, HEY yeah yea
I said hey, what's going on?

And I try, oh my god do I try
I try all the time, in this institution

And I pray, oh my god do I pray
I pray all sanctity
For a revolution.

And so I cry sometimes
When I'm lying bed
Just to get it all out
What's in my head
And I, I am feeling a little peculiar

And so I wake in the morning
And I step outside
And I take a deep breath and I get real high
And I scream from the top of my lungs
What's going on?

And I say, hey hey hey hey
I said hey, what's going on?

And I say, hey hey hey hey
I said hey, what's going on?

And I say, hey hey hey hey
I said hey, what's going on?

And I say, hey hey hey hey
I said hey, what's going on?

Twenty-five years I'm alive here still
Trying to get up that great big hill of hope
for a destination
Wow… this song is almost completely accurate to how my last week has been. I am completely drained physically, mentally, and emotionally. I honestly don’t know what I’m running on at the moment. I knew I was stepping in to a big mess with this new store, but I had no idea on the full extent of this war torn store. I swear, just as I get one major issue corrected, like 8 more pop out… it’s like a freaking super hydra from hell!

Each day I come home, all of my energy is completely spent. Caffeine has definitely become a primary source of fuel for me after work… all I need is a chemical dependency to add to this stairway to hell!

I keep hoping that I’ll be approaching the light at the end of the tunnel each day, but it just feels like I’m getting further and further away from it. All I can say is that this is really taking a harsh toll on me… I can feel a few years of my life being shaved off each day. I can’t even cry about the situation, even though I’d love to… I know that would make me feel a bit better, but I just can’t. I just have to endure it until I get everything in order. So be it!

Ok, that’s enough of that… I can’t stand to think of that crap anymore! Good news… all my new employees are great! I really do look forward to seeing them each day.

4 comments:

lgl said...

i had a good cry today... im not too much of a crier.. but today i lost it. i cried (read sobbed loudly) all the way between Garrison and the PG by Jester. Of course i ran into everyone I had EVER met at UT.

anyway *big hugs* and hopes of a good cry to you!

Frank said...

I'm sorry you had a crummy day! :-(

celtgirl said...

Just think - you will be such a HERO when you get the store turned around and everything running smoothly. You will be beyond godlike status with the company.

Frank said...

I'm tired of being the hero for this company. They want everything from me including my soul and marbles! Little do they know that I lost my marbles long ago... so that's at least one thing they won't get from me!!! :-P