Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Traffic

My drive to work is about 25 miles. I don't think anything of it (partly because I love listening to XM), but others think that's too much of a journey. I typically start the day off pretty early, so I miss the morning rush hour. When I leave work, I'll leave before or after the evening rush hour. So for the most part, I really haven't been through heavy traffic in awhile.

I spent most of the day being as unproductive as one can be on a day off of work. I slept late... I got up to eat... went back to bed... got back up to eat... went back to bed again... etc. I had a 6:00pm appointment with Justin, my personal trainer, which was about the only productive thing I've done all day.

Now, whenever I get more sleep than I'm used to, which is usually anything over five to six hours, I'm tired all day. I'm not really sure why that happens. You'd think that getting more sleep would make you less tired... this is not the case. So I was worried that I was going to be quite sluggish at the gym.

On my way to the gym, the traffic was absolutely atrocious! I'm a pretty level headed guy. I can take bad news rather well, deal with upset people, get yelled at, etc... and not get upset by it. Traffic on the other hand just makes me plain angry! I get such road rage. I don't even know who I am when the road rage sets in... I'm like Bruce Banner turned Hulk when I'm driving in traffic.

Needless to say, the incredible irritation with the traffic had me really pumped up when I finally arrived at the gym. I was still so upset about the traffic that my heart rate was nearly at what I needed it to be at for my 10 minutes of warmup cardio!

The other thing that really annoyed me on the way to the gym is the condition of the roads in Pflugerville. There are huge potholes everywhere. Why does it take so long for someone to fix this problem? Several months ago, Kimball lost a brand new tire to a Pflugerville pothole.

Anyway, that's all I have to say about traffic! I need to get to bed, and just thinking about that awful drive today is beginning to raise my blood pressure! LOL!

2 comments:

Elemmaciltur said...

Thank goodness I take the public transportation....I know that driving in Munich can be a pain. Anyhow, what do you mean in the comment on my blog about 'the two of you'? There were three of us actually: I, my boyfriend and his friend (the visitor). :) Cheerz!

Frank said...

Yeah... my bad! It was a typo. I really should proof read my posts before I publish them! LOL!